The Seaford Community Partnership
The Seaford Community Partnership was formed as a result of a series of Community Futures Workshops initiated by East Sussex County Council, to involve local community organisations and individuals in pursuing the Partnership’s objects which are "To promote and develop the social, economic and environmental well being of the communities and residents of Seaford and environs"
Membership includes representatives from ESCC, LDC, Seaford Town Council, Seaford Wide, Seaford Residents Association, the Volunteers Association, Seaford Chamber of Commerce, Seaford Head Community College, Seaford Health Centre, Sussex Police, Churches Together etc.
The work of the partnership is carried out by task groups developing and seeking funding for a variety of themes which include :
- A Community Organisations Information Centre (at the Old Town Hall)
- Town Centre economic development
- Transport improvement (including producing a profile of ‘Safe Routes to Schools’)
- Enhancement of the seafront and promenade and establishing a Seaford Heritage Trail for the interest of residents and visitors
- Business Development and Training
- Waste reduction and Recycling
- Promotion of Cultural and Sporting Events
- Work with the youth of the town to offer more activities both within and outside the town
For further information please write to the Partnership, c/o 37 Church Street, Seaford, East Sussex, BN25 1HG. Contact – Ralph Taylor