The Local Government Transparency Code 2015 (the code) came in to effect on 1 April 2015. The code is issued by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government in exercise of powers under section 2 of the Local Government, Planning and Land Act 1980, and replaces an previous codes issued in relation to authorities in England under those powers.
Seaford Town Council meets the definition of a local authority covered by the requirements of the code. The code requires local authorities in England to publish the following information to ensure local people can see and access data covering; how money is spent, use of assets, decision making and issues important to local people.
Additionally, the following is published annually:
Local Authority Land
Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
Senior Salaries / Pay Multiple
The following are not applicable to the Council and there is therefore no information to be published:
- Government Procurement Card Transactions – (not applicable as the Council has no Government Procurement Cards)
- Social Housing Assets – (not applicable as the Council does not hold any social housing stock)
- Trade Union Facility Time – (not applicable as the Council has no staff members who are union representatives)
- Parking Accounts – (not applicable as the Council has no chargeable parking)
- Parking Spaces – (not applicable as the Council has no controlled parking spaces)
- Fraud – (not applicable as the Council has no staff members undertaking fraud investigation work)
Seaford Town Council complies with the requirements of the code by publishing the information on its website. Hard copies are available from the Town Council office in line with the Council’s Publication Scheme.
Full details of the code can be read here:Local Government Transparency Code 2015.