To download a full list of the current Councillors, their contact details, memberships to Committees and the Seaford Ward Map click here
What is a Councillor?
Councillors are the champions of the community and give residents a voice on the decisions Seaford Town Council makes. Becoming a Town Councillor will allow you to make a real difference in the Seaford community by:
- engaging with residents, local groups and businesses to find out their needs;
- making decisions on which services and projects Seaford Town Council should take forward; and
- getting involved locally to ensure the services are meeting your community’s needs.
How long does it take?
A recent national Local Councillor Census Survey found that councillors put aside, on average, three hours a week for council work. This often includes attending meetings, engaging with residents and speaking on behalf of the council to outside bodies.
Can I stand?
There are only a few eligibility criteria to stand for election. You must:
- Be a UK or Commonwealth citizen; or be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland; or be a citizen of another Member State of the European Union;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be an elector of the local council; or in the past 12 months occupied land or other premises in the area the local council serves (as owner or tenant); or work in the area local council serves (as your principal or only place of work); or live within three miles of the local council boundary.
More information about Seaford Town Council can be found below –
Overview of Seaford Town Council & Division of Resps
Council Tax Leaflet 2019-20
Seaford Town Council land ownership and wards
Code of Conduct – Seaford Town Council
Scheme of Delegation
Meetings Timetable 2019-20
Committee Reporting Structure
Seaford Town Council Key Strategic Targets
Staff Structures, Salaries and Duties
ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE –
The Good Councillors Guide
Recent by-election – Seaford East Ward
An election was held for a Town Councillor for the Seaford East Ward of Seaford Town Council on Thursday, 6 February 2020.
Councillor David Argent was declared elected – Declaration of Result Poll – Seaford East By-election
The full Notice of Election can be found here – Seaford East ward Notice of Election
The full Statement of Persons Nominated can be found here – Statement of Persons Nominated East Ward
The Notice of Poll can be found here – Notice of Poll